i've been counting down since last Dec 26 ... are you ready? me neither!!

Thursday, November 27, 2008

in which i'm having an attitude of gratitude:

Gratitude is the sign of noble souls. ~Aesop

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!
~Author Unknown

We give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way. ~Author Unknown

So once in every year we throng
Upon a day apart,
To praise the Lord with feast and song
In thankfulness of heart.
~Arthur Guiterman, The First Thanksgiving

He who thanks but with the lips
Thanks but in part;
The full, the true Thanksgiving
Comes from the heart.
~J.A. Shedd


This year i'm happy to announce that instead of being thankful it's almost Christmas ... i'm thankful for the opportunity to think about my blessings and ponder on each one!

that being said here are ...

my 8 things 2 be gr8ful 4 in 2008:

1: my andy - he's my handsome husband, compassionate companion, helpful househusband, strong and sensitive sidekick, a fabulous father, and my very best friend.

2: my family - near and far ... my own little brood and the antics that we endure here, my up close and personal parents and parents in-law, my near brother and sisters, many local extended relatives, and my little big sister who is located far but close to my heart and my extended family in far away places, every single one of them!

3: my friends - i really do have the best friends ever!

4: my Savior

5: my membership in the true Church and knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

6: my body - i can walk, sing, dance, see, jump, type, and run (short sprints/jogs). i'm thankful that my body works properly and that i have the opportunity to exercise ... and if the stars will align, i will be happy to put on a bathing suit come june 2009 (cuz i'll be lookin' fine in 2009)!!

7: my ability to give and more importantly to recieve forgiveness.

8: my opportunity to learn and the knowledge that i have - i hope and pray that i will continue to learn everyday and apply the new found wisdom to better my life!

Happy Thanksgiving to all ... and to all a good night - oh wait ... that's supposed to be "Merry Christmas to all" ... oops ...

Happy Holidays!!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend! I am so thankful for you!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

What a great post! Happy Holidays Em!