i've been counting down since last Dec 26 ... are you ready? me neither!!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

and now this ... from #2


let me set the stage ... grocery shopping with all 4 kids at 5:15pm. Easton is strapped in the cart, Ammon's hanging off the right side, Abi holding on to the left. Elyssa rides right in front of Easton, with her feet up, resting her back on my chest a bit. it's pandemonium, "mom, can we have this?" "can we get that?" "stop touching things." "keep your hands on the cart." "don't hang off the cart like that - you're gonna fall." "momma can we get some doughnuts this time??"
i started reading my list to myself, sort of under my breath ... "dressing, broccoli, lettuce, carrots, cheese, and ..." i trailed off thinking where to steer the cart next.

Elyssa says, "we're buying the word 'and'?"

5 comments:

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

I love how kids think! Thats awesome.

You are so brave to go at 5:15 with that many kids!!!

Amy said...

I can hardly handle one at 5:00 in the grocery store. "I am woman! Hear me roar!"

Jennalee said...

that sounds like my precocious niece!...love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh Lyss, we just can't wait til you're a teenager!

jennycooks said...

I just love that lyssa mae.