i've been counting down since last Dec 26 ... are you ready? me neither!!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

first day of school - can we get a do-over?



why a do-over you ask?

we got up late,

and we fought about watching TV or not before school,

and i forgot that these people need lunches,

and couldn't (and still can't) find elyssa's lunch box,

and piled everyone in the car at 8:55 (the first bell rings at 9:10) only to discover that i didn't have a key to the van!! (easton lost it a few days before ... and i still can't find it!!) i called a few neighbors in the ward ... none home ... knocked on the door of a neighbor without school age kids and asked if i could borrow her car to get my girls to school - to which she offered to keep the boys ... but they wanted to go with mom - what a great neighbor, huh!! piled them all in her little hatchback and hustled off to the school, only to arrive 2 minutes before the bell rang. ran over to find their teachers and take a few pictures before they left me for the whole day ...


and ...


well heck yeah i cried!

at least

and they came home happy ...

and ready for tomorrow ...
day 2 was much better!

3 comments:

Jen said...

What a first day. I'm not sure I would be ready for tomorrow but kids always take it in stride. Hope you found your keys. I am always losing mine.

Lisa Swendsen said...

Okay, seriously. This cracked me up! I so sympathize with things never going as planned. But like any good mother would- you found a way to make it work! I love what you did with the pictures/captions. You'll have to share with me what you used to write on your pics!

jennycooks said...

Didn't even turn around for one last look?! I'm just about crying for you! What a crazy first day, thank goodness for the hospitality of great neighbors!

Don't they look cute!