i've been counting down since last Dec 26 ... are you ready? me neither!!

Monday, September 15, 2008

out of the mouths of babes ... or kids that don't know what they're talking about!

we decided to go for a walk before dinner yesterday ... on our way home our neighbors were outside and the little girl came to say hello.
friend: hi guys, whachadoin'?
us: just went for a walk together.
friend: oh, [looking at me] your hair is all messy ...
me: yes it is ... all messy and lookin' good, huh!
friend: uh ... i guess

we came into have dinner and i was chuckling about her comment ...
andy: what's so funny?
me: did you hear what she said about my hair?
andy: no ...
me: she told me it was messy ...
andy: that mess sure took you a long time {smile} and it looks great too!

i was upstairs beautifying saturday before our date for about 45 minutes ... the longest i've ever spent getting ready ... and that included my shower!



here's what i looked like!
what say you - a jury of my peers!?!

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Well coming from a professional:), I love it!

Amy said...

Your hair looks darling! It's a good thing we don't base how we feel about ourselves on what kids say. When I have my hair curled Mattie tells me it looks funny...

Colleen said...

I love the curls! It looks cute! The boys have told me my hair looks messy 1,000 times. Rock those curls!

emily said...

gosh thanks girls! i'm blushing!

Chalonn said...

Um...I love your messy hair! It looks HOT!!!!

jennycooks said...

Hot dang, you sexy thang...

tricki_nicki said...

Wow, 45 MINUTES? That's a friggin' world record! If I got ready that fast every time Travis would be so happy!

You DID look amazing Saturday night!

You're a hottie, you're a hottie, a hottie a hottie a hottie...

kiley said...

i think it looks WAY cute!!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!

James Quigley said...

boys don't comment on other boys' wives' hair...

But good job going on a walk with your kids...

that other kid was just jealous.