i've been counting down since last Dec 26 ... are you ready? me neither!!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

oh happy day ...

today is the day my sister and her husband celebrate their happy union ... the happy day that i was not in attendance for simply because i was serving a mission ... and they had it planned before i got my call ... in retrospect things could have been different and i could have been there ... but then i wouldn't have this great memory of donning my bride's maid dress and heading out the door to knock doors in salt lake city! i remember singing 'I am a Child of God' as my tribute to the happy couple and my companion chuckling at me as i watched the time and bemoaned the day i could be having and then her prayer that night ... 'and please bless sister wiscombe for her service, especially because she missed out on her sister's wedding today - thou knows how hard it was for her ... please send her extra blessings!' (ok, so i had a little liberty there ... i'm certain she said something kinda like that ... she was just that kind of a girl!)

but seriously ...

and, girlfriend, i love ya!

3 comments:

Rick said...

I'm so glad you did this...cuz I did--NOTHIN :) well nothin on my blog anyway :) I'll have to find that jack in the box photo that deb took to post in a couple days :)

Colleen said...

Man, your sis and you do look alike! I am sure there are many people out there happy that you missed your sis's wedding and introduced them to the gospel instead! And I love your below post, good old Silver Firs and bike riding there! I miss it! And you!

Jen said...

I'm with Colleen you guys look like twins.