i've been counting down since last Dec 26 ... are you ready? me neither!!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Forgiveness ...

My notes from our combined Relief Society and Priesthood meeting ...

Forgiveness: we need to let others repent, let it go ... bury the hatchet
It does take time ...
My responsibility, the Savior died for them too.

D&C 64:8-11

a grudge is a heavy burden, not worth carrying around ...
Brigham Young's parable of the poisonous snakebite ...
in this talk by David E. Sorensen
Compared to President Monson's talk on Anger from Oct. Conf. 2009
Spilled Milk story about Thomas B. Marsh's wife stealing cream (found in Monson's talk)

check out what the New Era says about forgiveness here.

I have experienced a time when forgiveness was required of me - I found it hard to do ... especially under the circumstances. I cried a lot, prayed a lot, was angry a long time, was stubborn a long time, felt 'justified' in it ... but didn't find peace until I honestly let it go. I still find myself getting twinges now and again of the hurt and the anger ... but I try to quickly remind myself that 'it's all under control ... just not my control' (Acts 1:7).

No comments: