i've been counting down since last Dec 26 ... are you ready? me neither!!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Patterns


Our ward conference today was all about patterns - ones we make and ones we should follow ...

Isn't it interesting that as we go along our lives that we make our mark in the grand scheme of things and it's either for the good or bad ... but a mark just the same?

I learned today that I want to follow a perfect pattern ... but sometimes I need to make it work for me - and that's ok. I also learned that as I teach my children, I am creating a pattern for them to follow ... and that if they choose not to follow my pattern that's ok too ... because we all have agency. I want to set an example that they will want to follow but sometimes I fail and need to change - and that's ok ... Heavenly Father rewards us for trying!

Philippians 3:13-14 "forgetting those things which are behind," {i have made mistakes but i don't dwell on them} ... "I press toward the mark for the prize ... " {i keep going ... trying to do my best!} This can be cross referenced to Alma 32:27 "... if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, ... let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words."

'Tis a lesson you should heed,
Try, try again.
If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again.
[1840 T.H. Palmer Teacher's Manual 223]