i've been counting down since last Dec 26 ... are you ready? me neither!!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

testimony

1. Law. the statement or declaration of a witness under oath or affirmation, usually in court.

2. evidence in support of a fact or statement; proof.

3. open declaration or profession, as of faith.

My testimony is this: I know that I have a Heavenly Father that loves me, that knows me, that wants what is best for me and is willing and ready to bless me. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and that reading it will bring peace and joy.

I also know that these words from Elder Bednar are true:

"I bear witness that parents who consistently read and talk about the Book of Mormon with their children, who share testimony spontaneously with their children, and who invite children as gospel learners to act and not merely be acted upon will be blessed with eyes that can see afar off (see Moses 6:27) and with ears that can hear the sound of the trumpet (see Ezekiel 33:2–16). The spiritual discernment and inspiration you will receive from the combination of these three holy habits will enable you to stand as watchmen on the tower for your families—“watching . . . with all perseverance” (Ephesians 6:18)—to the blessing of your immediate family and your future posterity. I so promise and testify in the sacred name of the Lord Jesus Christ, amen."

I taught Relief Society today about the reading invitation from our Stake President. As I showed in this post, we have committed to doing it and are slowly but surely making it a habit. I was able to share my experiences and victories as well as the challenges and frustrations. We all talked about how we have implemented this into our families and the different difficulties and setbacks are experience and then shared ideas of how to overcome them! I felt nervous to get up and teach ... but after the first 5 minutes or so my nerves calmed down and I was more comfortable. All in all I think it went fairly well ... I shared all the things I had prepared ... took all the time (oops! so no time for testimonies) ... and lots of sisters shared and that was the best part!

No comments: