i've been counting down since last Dec 26 ... are you ready? me neither!!

Friday, October 19, 2007

what's in a name?

i have been tossing around the idea of changing the title of my blog for a while and last night finally had the inspiration i needed. (Thanks Alicia!)
i thought about what i really write about here ... most often i am blogging about my circus life as a mother of 4 crazy kids, wife of 1 handsome husband and friend to as many people as will have me.
There were many in the running:
- organized chaos - except i'm not all that organized
- pleasant pandemonium - you know how i like alliteration, but it's not always that pleasant
- calm disorder - we're never calm
- tranquil turmoil - still liking the alliteration ... turmoil - not the best word
- harmonious havoc - hmmm...
- stable bedlam - who has heard the word bedlam?
- peaceful anarchy - the natives are restless ... but revolution is not on their minds.
(gotta love the thesaurus and dictionary.com!)

celebrate (sěl'ə-brāt'): 1. to make known publicly; proclaim, 2. to praise widely or to present to widespread and favorable public notice, as through newspapers or novels (or blogs), 3. to engage in festivities, 4. assign great social importance to. -- synonyms: announce, declare, rejoice, party, enjoy yourself, make merry
(that describes what i'm doing here exactly)

mayhem (mā'hěm'): 1. a state of rowdy disorder, 2. absolute chaos and/or severe disruption.

we may be wildy disorganized, super silly, and at times down right ridiculous ... but i wouldn't have it any other way. come celebrate with us!

9 comments:

Amy said...

I love the new name of you blog! Changing blog names seems to be the thing this season! I've been wanting to update mine and another gal I blog with recently changed hers. Anyway, I like it and it seems to fit your life perfectly.

jennycooks said...

Because I am your good friend, I can truly envision what your title describes - I love it! Great name! Love you too!

Anonymous said...

love the new name. and the new look. and your children are breathtakingly darling.

Mrs. James Quigley said...

I like it, it looks good. I am next.

Jennifer B. said...

I like your blog--the title is catchy. Thanks for stopping by mine. =)

Colleen said...

Nice one! I completely relate and love it!

Jennalee said...

I love the new fall colors :) and the name totally fits :) can I just get you to update my blog for me...I haven't caught the fever yet...and am VERY outdated...oh well...I do have one suggestion...the title is so perfect and the pic so appropriate for your title...but you can't see it very well...a color swap on the lettering may help...hows that for a 'tendstobeoverlycritical' short big sister comment?

Jen said...

Hi Emily,

Colleen's friend Jen here. Great name. Thanks for the cookies, they were awesome!!

Jen

Anonymous said...

I love it! It perfectly describes you and your happily chaotic life. Love you!